Monday, December 7, 2009
IN FROM THE COLD
Eight cafés where you can savor the sweetest part of winter: generous mugs of rich melted chocolate infused with vanilla, cinnamon, even chipotle.
We're thanking some of our newest SuperMembers—those who have reached 20,000 points—with a free one-year subscription or subscription renewal to Budget Travel magazine. Get points by uploading media, adding friends, and commenting on stories and photos.
We Want to Hear From You:
- Check out photo submissions from new SuperMembers SusanHalay, kriskelly49, jfregon, GDavidW, dni, rschoeff, horbinsr, vbmc327, CliffK, melpilgrim, and Traveller32.
- Members allaffordtravel, nikalah01, and dorothydiva—among many others—are closing in on 20,000 points.
FROM OUR BLOG: THIS JUST IN
Nearly all big cruise lines automatically add a gratuity to passengers' bills. Some passengers don't like that one bit. P&O Cruises Australia, a subsidiary of Carnival, has put an end to the practice of automatically tacking on a fee of about $7 a day for tips. Should other cruise lines follow?
post a comment
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT…
14 Gifts From Museum Shops Online
Because looking for travel-themed gifts shouldn't be a chore… Wheel Deals
Rates for compact car rentals are rising, so it's time to get creative to find savings… Nonstop Caribbean
Our tool helps you find every island you can reach nonstop from the U.S. and Canada.
Save 75 percent off brochure rates for this wintertime round-trip sail from Miami, with stops in Key West and Cozumel.
why it's a deal
- Vancouver, Air/4 Nights, From $545
- La Romana, D.R., Air/4 Nights, From $785
- New York City, Air/3 Nights, From $468
- Ski Salt Lake City, From $199 a Night
- Russia, Air/Cruise/10 Nights, From $2,199
FROM OUR PARTNERS
© 2009 Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc. Budget Travel 530 Seventh Avenue 2nd Floor New York, NY 10018