Thursday, October 1, 2009
Every now and then, you stumble upon a town that's gotten everything right—great coffee, food with character, shop owners with purpose. These 10 spots have it all, in perfectly small doses.
FROM OUR BLOG: THIS JUST IN
British Airways will now let you call to reserve the exact seat you want within economy class for a fee of roughly $33. The alternative is to wait until 24 hours in advance of departure before selecting seats online. If most of the seats are assigned by then, you may not be able to sit next to your travel companion or kids on the flight.
CALLING ALL READERS
Share your favorite Las Vegas restaurants and hotels! We're most interested in hearing about affordable places that have some sense of personality or style—and the more details, the better.
post a comment
MY BUDGET TRAVEL
We're thanking some of our newest SuperMembers—those who have reached 20,000 points—with a free one-year subscription or subscription renewal to Budget Travel magazine. You accumulate points as you upload media, add friends, or rate and comment on stories and photos.
- Check out photo submissions from new SuperMembers fnjp, rooneycat, trvlmurofen, tickleddpink, and bevandlee.
- Members laratada, caitlincooper, verdoonie, and Kruzer57—among many others—are closing in on 20,000 points.
- Plus, last call for rainbows. Next week we'll be back with our editors' pick of the best rainbow photos. Upload yours now, and tag them rainbows.
Take a backwater boat tour in Kerala, explore the tropical wilderness, or soak up the rays on one of India's beaches.
why it's a deal
- Hawaii, Cruise/7 Nights, From $899
- Thailand, Air/11 Nights, From $1,199
- Punta Cana, D.R., Air/3 Nights, From $499
- Chicago Hotels, From $179 a Night
- Montreal & Quebec City, 3 Nights, From $593
© 2009 Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc. Budget Travel 530 Seventh Avenue 2nd Floor New York, NY 10018