Monday, September 14, 2009
Sure, you can learn a lot about a destination by touring its museums and visiting its landmarks. But to find the heart of a place, spend a few hours at one of its flea markets. We picked the top five spots in the U.S. to get in on the action.
FROM OUR BLOG: THIS JUST IN
What do you think: Do you support proposed Senate legislation that would allow passengers to disembark after three hours on the tarmac, in the event a captain decides it is safe and reasonable to do so?
post a comment
MY BUDGET TRAVEL
- Members we like: great contributions this week from members Ruth Engel, jpcool, trvlmurofen, kriskelly49, and laratada.
- In search of: Last week we asked for rainbows, and the first submissions are pouring in (sorry for the pun). Keep them coming, and tag them rainbows. We're also still looking for great photos from England and Scotland. Check in soon for a slide show of our readers' best.
- Fall Foliage in New York State, From $115 a Night
- Disney World, Air/7 Nights, From $1,104
- Golfing in Ireland, Car/6 Nights, From $939
- Egypt Air/Hotel/Cruise, 13 Nights, From $1,999
- Las Vegas, Air/3 Nights, From $234
FROM OUR PARTNERS
© 2009 Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc. Budget Travel 530 Seventh Avenue 2nd Floor New York, NY 10018