Thursday, September 10, 2009
THE GREAT DEBATE
No offense to the nation's capital, but the landmarks of our heritage extend far beyond the District of Columbia.
FROM OUR BLOG: THIS JUST IN
A woman buys an iPhone, goes to Europe, and unknowingly amasses a $500 bill after four days. By the time she reaches AT&T, the total is around $5,000. Don't let it happen to you! Read our iPhone tips for travelers.
HOW TO BE A GOOD GUEST
Crashing with family or friends? Etiquette experts weigh in with 13 tips on how to be the perfect houseguest—you know, the kind that hosts invite back.
CALLING ALL READERS
We're adding brand-new destination pages and need your help to build them. This week, we want to hear about your favorite restaurants and hotels in San Francisco—the more details, the better!
- Thanks for your recommendations so far in Paris, NYC, Rome, and London. We're looking into your favorite hotels and restaurants in these cities and will report back soon!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT…
Get Money Back!
More and more websites are putting money back in your pocket if a fare drops after you've booked… Quiz: Think You Know Paris?
Put your city smarts to the test—each answer reveals a neat tip for your next visit… Readers' New Sunset Photos
Our (endless!) sunset series has been eliciting tons of photos through myBudgetTravel, our social-media site.
Save $50 on this package that includes tee times at five different courses, a rental car, and B&B accommodations in Killarney and Ennis.
why it's a deal
- Egypt Air/Hotel/Cruise, 13 Nights, From $1,999
- Las Vegas, Air/3 Nights, From $234
- Greece, Hotel/Cruise/6 Nights, From $750
- Australia's Northern Territory, 5 Nights, $987
- Bahamas, Air/3 Nights, From $499
© 2009 Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc. Budget Travel 530 Seventh Avenue 2nd Floor New York, NY 10018