Thursday, July 30, 2009
Thanks for your terrific submissions of images from across France. Among the 19 photos we selected, check out a frozen-in-time village in the Loire Valley, lavender fields in Provence, and scenes of Paris that include a flower market, a sunrise over the Eiffel Tower, and an artist in Montmartre.
see the slide show
CALLING ALL READERS
We're adding brand-new pages on Paris and need your help to build them. This week we want to hear about your favorite restaurants and hotels in Paris—the more details, the better!
post a recommendation
FROM OUR BLOG: THIS JUST IN
More and more airlines are adding Wi-Fi to planes, so—for a fee—you can now pass the time on board by surfing the Web with a laptop or personal device. But is this a good idea? Share your opinion by voting in our poll.
Your smartphone can help you do currency conversions on the fly—even when you don't have Internet access. Just download one of the following applications.
Seven nights' camping in Chobe National Park, one night in a hotel at Victoria Falls, transfers, most meals, camping gear and tents, entrance fees, the services of a three-person local crew, game drives, and a cruise on the Chobe River.
why it's a deal
- Washington State Hotels, From $69 a Night
- Canadian Rockies, 13 Nights $1,449
- Las Vegas, Air/3 Nights, From $99
- Rhine River Cruise, 10 Nights, From $1,195
- Ireland, Air/7-Day Car, From $279
THIS WEEK'S HIGHLIGHTS
From our (endless!) sunset series
, this week's best come from Monument Valley, Utah
); the Chisos Basin
at Big Bend National Park, Tex. (member BethanieKay
); over the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica
, with waves crashing against coastal rocks (member sandayle13
); at Sacré-Coeur Basilica
in Paris (member 189460
) and from Restoule Lake
, in Ontario (member pgelserwebb
- Member dni's terrific shot of a single bird in purple-colored water, taken from a seawall in Japan.
- In the event you've forgotten just how green Ireland can be, here's proof from member jenmarie (with sheep, too!).
- Blue glaciers in the fjords of Chile, by member jjjrs5.
- One of our favorite members, riotgirl, took this great shot of the sky after a storm in Fargo, N.D.
- A nice composition from member brettcam, who took this shot of the lighthouse at Portland Head, Maine.
- Our readers are all over the town of Eze, in southern France—here's the latest shot of a charming village vendor's wares from member AnneTravels.
- A nice detail from a market in Barcelona, Spain, from member jcjlkrebs.
© 2009 Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc. Budget Travel 530 Seventh Avenue 2nd Floor New York, NY 10018