Thursday, July 23, 2009
Top hoteliers reveal the best design-forward restaurants, landmarks, and shops in London, Texas, New York City, Buenos Aires and Mexico City.
FROM OUR BLOG: THIS JUST IN
Reports are streaming in from the century's longest total solar eclipse, which unfolded across Asia on Wednesday morning. Spectators gathered everywhere from the banks of the Ganges River to downtown Shanghai. See photos and video clips and find out where to witness six upcoming eclipses.
CALLING ALL READERS
Just back from France? We're adding brand new pages, and need your help to build them. This week we're looking for photos from Paris, Provence, Bordeaux, Nice, and the French Riviera. Plus, keep an eye out for our slide show of the readers' best France photos.
CALLING ALL GIRLFRIENDS
Take our poll to pick your dream destination, favorite activities, and the celebrity you'd most like to travel with—and check to see if other women agree!take the poll
This off-season bargain covers airfare to Dublin, most taxes, and a car rental for exploring the lush countryside and landmarks like the Guinness Brewery, Waterford Castle, the Blarney Stone, and the Ring of Kerry.
why it's a deal
- Puerto Plata, D.R., Air/4 Nights, From $355
- Alaska Cruise, 7 Nights, From $479
- Fiji, Air/4 Nights, From $1,229
- Hotels in Northern and Southern California, From $54 a Night
- Tuscany & Venice, Air/6 Nights, From $699
THIS WEEK'S HIGHLIGHTS
From our endless sunset series
, recent bests come from Hanalei Bay, Hawaii
); the Portugal coast
); the Zambezi River
); and Miami
- A low moon turns a remote Alaskan island blue, in this cruise ship photo from member fallbrook50.
- Through a glass, brightly: A lucky shot from member skiingman brought together a great Venice water view, a seagull, and a wineglass.
- Member lcarney caught this spookily beautiful glimpse of a Brugge, Belgium, canal at night.
- On safari in Botswana, member morherz saw an adult and baby elephant out for a stroll. Also, check out our safari series.
- A memorable face from Santorini, Greece, by member patfax (that's two this week from patfax).
© 2009 Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc. Budget Travel 530 Seventh Avenue 2nd Floor New York, NY 10018