Thursday, July 2, 2009
Our most protected lands—and the dramatic drives that give access to them—are all too often conga lines of taillights and tourists. These four itineraries revive the majesty. Use our interactive maps
to plan your drive.
Everyone loves fireworks—and everyone can learn to snap photographs that better capture their beauty.
FROM OUR BLOG: THIS JUST IN
We're asking guidebook writers for alternatives to well-known tourist attractions. We've already covered alternatives to Stonehenge
, Buckingham Palace
, and Florence's Duomo
. Now, for views of Paris that actually include Gustave Eiffel's engineering feat, check out Tour Montparnasse, France's tallest skyscraper.
This JetBlue package includes a stay at Disney's All-Star Music Resort, Magic Your Way theme park tickets, and the Disney Dining Plan.
why it's a deal
- Sydney and Auckland, Air/6 Nights, From $999
- Moscow, Air/4 Nights, From $1,199
- Hawaii, Air/9 Nights, From $915
- Paris and Normandy, Air/6 Nights, From $1,475
- Central America, 16 Nights, $1,149
THIS WEEK'S HIGHLIGHTS
- A spectacular vista from Eze, France (not far from Monaco), from member SteveRose.
- A peacock heads to the beach at Sandals in Jamaica, from member susangough1.
- Santorini, Greece, looks amazing as always in this shot from shelleyflanders.
- A beautiful little church in Maria Alm, Austria, framed by the Austrian Alps, from member bdgray.
- The Sunrise in Tahiti colors the clouds and the ocean purple, from member Jeff L.
- A little red house in Galway, Ireland, at dusk, from member bethstorey.
- Some photo trickery of the Plaza de Armas in Cuzco, Peru, from member trcox2.
© 2009 Newsweek Budget Travel, Inc. Budget Travel 530 Seventh Avenue 2nd Floor New York, NY 10018